Friday, February 16, 2007

Borat

December 20, 2006 | 05:37 AM
Borat

Anyone out there also not quite sure how to react to Borat ? Sure it's clever, and even funny. But it made me feel uncomfortable about ridiculing another culture in such an extreme way...

But I guess I have seen our own Mehmood do the same take but much better for years in Hindi movie.

Mehmood used to do a great take on the Tamilian culture. It used to have me in fits of laughter, till I grew up and started to feel uncomfortable about all those jokes on Tamilians or on Sikhs. Even Bollywood has stopped doing that now, thank God.

Sacha Cohen is quite bright and clever, but not a patch on the tragic/comic timing of Mehmood, for those that remember him. I wonder if Sacha would agree to do a take on an Englishman in India in the same way ?

Shekhar

No comments: