Sunday, February 18, 2007

Buddha, hope

August 06, 2005 | 08:00 PM
Buddha, hope
Thanks to friend and co- writer, Deepak Chopra,
the hope for Buddha as a film has been re-ignited
a raging fire in my bieng was dowsed,
but a lamp still burns
reaching out to inflame my passions once again

a director in the middle of a film
is like a pregnant mother

vulnerable, emotional and willing to do anything
to protect the little child in her womb,
even die of hunger herself, as the child feeds on her body
and fight like a tigress if she has to

but also like a protective mother,
I make sure that everything is safe
solid
in anticipation of pregnancy

and when people treat me
with callousness
they dont see that it is not a personal ego that cries out
but the ego of creativity
the fear of a terrible pregnancy
the fear of loosing the baby

and perhaps the decision not to get pregnant


perhaps the only way out for me
is not be so vulnerable
but then,
how can I be the conduit of creativity
and not completely surrender to it ?
How can not be completely vulnerable ?

So in which hands do I put myself
when I am so vulnerable ?
destiny and fate perhaps,

I am not sure

shekhar

No comments: