Sunday, February 18, 2007

Brad Pitt ???

July 25, 2005 | 01:43 PM
Brad Pitt ???
Today, I had 3 calls from the press asking me if Brad Pitt is acting in Buddha. I assume they are asking if Brad is playing the Buddha ?

I have no idea where this idea comes from. I have heard that Aishwarya Rai also is in the film. That is not far from the truth. I have spoken to Ash about playing either Sujata or Yashodhara.

However, I have heard that the producer, Dr Modi is getting restless and is approaching other Directors. Well, I will ot be the first to fall by the wayside. He had signed Bernardo Bertolluci 17 years ago. That obviously did not work and Bertolluchi went ahead to make his own film "Little Buddha". Dr Modi then went to Mira Nair, who was pretty close to shooting the film when it all fell through.

So if it does not work with me, I will be in great company !

But honestly ? I would love to make this film. Who would'nt ?

Shekhar Kapur

No comments: