Friday, February 16, 2007

failure

September 06, 2006 | 07:59 PM
failure

Recently I had a really upset fan write to me, who reacted adversely to a TV interview of mine on National TV. Where I said that I was far more comfortable with failure than I ever will be with success. He thought I was looking down upon those that are working hard and striving to succeed.

But that is the truth. All my creativity has come to me at times when the world ignores me. It gives me the space to get in touch with myself. Of the hundreds of people that ask my advice on their future in this bussiness, I say don't know. But I do say that today I live on the ideas and thoughts that i battled with when I walked the streets of failure. I still do.

Imagine a an arrow. The further back you stretch the bow, the more focussed your arrow will be. That tautness, that tension you create by pulling the string of the bow back, is the tautness of failure.

The air on the top of a mountain is too rarified. You have to come down to street level to breathe in the oxygen.

shekhar

No comments: